1. Binge on five to six small meals in a day rather than just sticking to a few regular heavy meals. This method helps in controlling the insulin levels in the body and thus reduces your frequent hunger cravings.
2. Try to take drink lots of water in your diet. The recommended intake of water is 6 to 8 glasses per day. Water helps in the proper digestion of your food and elimination of the extra fats through metabolism.
3. Exercise regularly. It helps to burn fat. You can choose any of the wide range of exercising programs, from yoga to aerobics. You can even start with brisk walking initially and can later shift to jogging, all depending on your needs.
4. Try to follow a fruit and vegetarian diet. Fruits have good amount of antioxidants that help you to maintain a proper body mass index.
5. Eat at regular intervals of time. This helps your body maintain a rhythm and carry out metabolic processes properly.
If you want to lose weight, one thing that you understand is that ideal weight loss is losing fat and not muscle or water. In case you loose muscle or water content, then the lost pounds come back very easily. Any claims of weight loss of more than 2-3 pounds every week should be treated, skeptically.
Any reduction in caloric intake brings about a reaction in the body. It begins to hold on to the body fat and instead uses up muscles. So dieting or crash dieting is not such a good option if you wish to reduce weight fast.